I thought I was done. I thought I was ready for only newborn diapers and that was it. Sigh. Not so. My three-year-old keeps going back and forth on his commitment to underwear and it is killing me... well, at least making me say "ARG" over and over.
Yesterday, right at bed time as we were putting on pjs, brushing teeth and having him use the potty he announce that he was done with diapers. Had it not been bed time I would have done an Irish jig, but as it was, I simply said OK and hoped for dry sheets in the morning. (I ended up getting up every three hours to take him potty and didn't have to wash sheets). But lets get to the real story here.
In the morning I kept reminding him of his current wardrobe change and asking if he needed to use the facilities. He assured me that he remembered that he was indeed wearing underwear and he didn't need to "go." So I kept cleaning. In a few more minutes he asked, "Mom, are you still cleaning?" and I said I was. He continued, "Good. You go clean my room and the girls room and the upstairs too OK?" Which in his language meant, "Don't come down here Mom." Hmmmm... I'll just leave the rest to your imagination. I was really hoping to have him DONE by the time the baby came. I am rapidly running out of time!
1 comment:
Boys, Boys, Boys....what ever shall we do with boys? I know, just keep lovin' them!
Post a Comment