Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween... check!

We had such a fun Halloween!!!! I borrowed my sister's leathers and was a biker. The kids were welcome to pick anything they wanted out of the dress up boxes (so it was a low maintenance one this year). And Brett donned an afro to work. We spent the day together. I did a craft in one of the kid's classes, there was a school parade, some small town fun and then trick-or-treating for just a bit.








The kids had more fun handing out the goodies than getting them. (Does anyone else think that trick-or-treating is the weirdest tradition?! I have a few issues with it, but that's for another day). I threw together some fun lights and out door decor and we sat on the porch chatting as the kids swarmed by. But what I thought was great, was that my kids were in bed by 8:30 and then I had Halloween all put away by 10:00. (That's a first for me... it usually sits out for a couple weeks and then I only get to enjoy Thanksgiving decor for a minute). Brett was laughing at my feverish putting away and decorating... I told him I wanted to enjoy my Thanksgiving decor because as soon as he's finished desert on Thanksgiving, I'm pulling out the tree.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Soooo with you on the trick-or-treating being weird, the putting away of the Halloween stuff, and pulling out the Christmas stuff right after Thanksgiving dinner! Life is grand - let the holidays begin!!!

Sherri said...

Everyone looks perfect!
Let me know if you would like to follow along on my blog..I have decided to make it private! email me...jorgiegirls@hotmail.com

Emily said...

Very cute costumes! I hear that all the time about Halloween being so weird...but I look at it this way: It is a chance to get to know your neighbors and be more of a community...it forces people to open their doors...and now in our society people just don't get to know each other. I love "community" and though I am not terribly social, I think it is important to know your neighbors. Also, it is fun for the kiddos. My kids don't last long--they are little still...