Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Pull up a chair...

I have just taken a big step in my life... I just bought my first piece of furniture (from a real store). I have some great pieces of furniture in my house (but) they have all come from yard sales, scratch and dent or free. So this is BIG for me. It's a couch and love seat and they are supposed to get here in a week. "Squeal!"

 I have been so torn about this... I have kids. Quite a few. They are VERY... shall we say 'active.' I have been looking for the right couch for about a year. During this time I have been watching my little monsters darlings climb all over my old (free) couch. They have made forts out of the pillows and bounced on the seat (when they thought I wasn't looking). They have sat on the arms and laid on the back. My thoughts: Why get a new one when I still have littles... why not wait until they're... um, older??? But I have (Large and getting larger) holes in my couch. It is showing its age. (I'm not sure exactly what that is). Long story short... it TOTALLY time!

We've moved out all my living room furniture to shampoo the carpets. As we sat on the floor last night for family scriptures and prayers I glanced around the empty room and remembered how it looked when we first moved in. Empty. We didn't have more than a piano and a chair in the room for several months. I also remember being so grateful for that used couch. It was so nice to have something soft to sit on other than the carpet. We've been so blessed! And while I am SO excited to get my nice new couch, it was very evident last night, that it is just 'stuff.'

This was all very random. Conclusions:

  1. I love my littles!
  2. I love that the house and 'stuff' shows that we LIVE here.
  3. I am grateful for the kindness and generosity of others as we started out.
  4. I am grateful for any opportunity to 'pay it forward.'
  5. I can't wait to have a pretty couch that I don't have to cover the holes with a blanket, coat or my hand. ha ha 
  6. I hope you come visit so I can say "Pull up a chair." 

No comments: