Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

More to be grateful for

I knew that I had a lot to be thankful for... but on Thanksgiving Day I had even more gratitude in my heart than usual. While the ladies were preparing the traditional meal, the lads were out on the quads. They came back laughing and we asked them to take the littles out for a quick ride before lunch was ready. A few came back after a short while shouting, "Uncle Brett rolled the four-wheeler!"

My two littles that were on with their daddy were brought home in pain, but not too badly injured. After some ice packs and a little first aid for them, my thoughts quickly turned back to my honey who hadn't made his appearance yet. He came home a bit later with a smashed up quad and a limp arm. He looked like he was in shock. First aid for him took longer and was more painful. (Poor man). Happily they are all mending nicely (though Brett's injuries will take a bit).

For me, that day was spent, not only counting my blessings, but thanking the Lord for the lives of my husband and children. (None were wearing helmets. All could have easily been hurt very badly or worse). I know that angels were watching over my little family that day.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and counted your many blessings!

1 comment:

mom C said...

Annie dear, you are soooooooooooo amazing!!!! I caught up again with all the last few blogs and here is my catch up comments: Good on ya Brett for joining in on Halloween fun....you are da MAN!...Christmas music is IN ALL YEAR long!....my Christmas Clock never gets put away...I can't wait to see your new furniture...down Time is an essential for mommies...just like breathing and eating chocolate!...and your Happy Place is definitely your family whereevertheyare....asleep :) lov mom