Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dressed with style

As I dropped my two little ladies off at school and watched them walk down the sidewalk I wondered, "Are their teachers desensitized by now, or are they still surprised at the bizarre things my girls wear to school." Thankfully my husband leaves to work before my girls do, because I'm sure he'd be horrified at the outfits that I just shut my eyes to these days. (They are always modest and fit for the weather... however they are often sporting something dreadfully against all fashion advise, like plaids and polka dots or sandals with socks. This sounds awfully tame compared to what they are wearing, but its all I could think of off hand).

When I was getting ready to be a mother I swore that my children would always have their hair done, noses wiped, faces clean, and dressed to kill. Wow, how reality changes you! I still try (TrY tRy TRY!!!!) to have all of those things done as we leave the house, but sadly I've become one of those normal human being that occasionally let their children go to the store with chocolate mustaches and crazy hair.

But back to the original topic. My girls seldom allow me to pick out their outfits any more and often my fashion advice is followed in the opposite direction. I used to fight it. But now its a "choose your battles" type of thing! Good grief! They aren't even tweens yet! Any advice for a mother of two emerging fashion-istas???????

4 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

Mia wants to wear "stretchy" pants every day.

Ang said...

my kids always look perfect. haha - I'm totally lying even though I know you don't believe me. I don't think it's a big deal at all. At our house they can do what they want unless we're going to church. That's when I get to pick the clothes. they're always adorable no matter what they're wearing!! Who cares what anyone thinks anyway?!!

Sherri said...

I don't have 1 kid that will let me dress them...even the boys...it's crazy!

Danae said...

I am in the same boat. As long as we are modest and weather appropriate, I don't fight it anymore. I figure this is one of those areas of their life they are allowed some free reign. Kids don't always have a lot of say in what we are having for dinner, having to go to school and do homework, etc. I just take some pictures for blackmail purposes later in life. ;) "You let me leave the house wearing that?!?!"