Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One slice missing

A wise woman (my mother) once said:"When was the last time you looked at the refrigerator while sitting on the floor in front of it? "

Any of you who know my mother know how amazing she is... and those of you who don't are spared the jealousy of wishing she was your mom. She has always emphasized that we should look at the world through children's eyes on a regular basis. The fridge for instance looks HUGE and full of delicious and interesting things. Which explains my son's fascination for climbing on and "breaking in" all the time. Taking a look at the daddy in your home from their level makes you understand how they can get lost in a sea of legs and hug the wrong set of suit pants at church.

Well today the boys and I were making a cake... for company of course. I left the cake to cool on the counter like an idiot! I came in to find the inevitable: one whole side had been grabbed by the handful and stuffed into someones little mouth. (AGAIN... I know I wrote about this once before and you'd have though I learned my lesson. I'm a slow learner). It wasn't hard to locate the crumb covered culprit. His innocent face couldn't hide the chipmunk cheeks full of cake.

It was for company after all and I began to get a little @#$%&-y... but that passed quickly as I thought of what my mom always talked about. I mean, honestly, what would I do if someone set an aromatic golden cake right at my nose level? DUH! So I frosted it anyway... Maybe I'll have to eat a really big piece to cover the crumbled part. It might give it that nice "one slice missing look."

2 comments:

Danae said...

hahaha! I have a hard time not eating a slice myself. (But really, you should give it the "one slice missing" look.)

mom C said...

Annie, you darling....I never had to wish for a mom like yours....I had one! I love reading your darling blogs and know that as your read back on your life through these 'moments of daily life' you will find so many smiles that you won't even remember those *@#$%&* moments!
lov mom