Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What to do with a day off???

I have recently started preschool for my four-year-old. It's wonderful! I trade with another mom. We teach twice a week at our home and then trade the next week. The BEST part of the deal is on the second day of preschool we also invite the younger (two-year-old) brothers. This means that once, every other week, I get two hours ALL TO MYSELF. The only problem is picking what to do with these coveted two hours!!!

I have lots of hobbies and projects that have been on the back burner for... how ever many years it's been since I have had more than one baby... All these things sound like so much fun to me... but which to choose and where to start? And in the end, I usually have spent my "day off" just wandering around wondering what wonderful thing I should do.

I told my husband this morning about my "day off" and asked in awe: What should I do?

Ben was in the room listening to our conversation. He said, "Mom, when do I get a day off?"

4 comments:

Danae said...

I have this very same conundrum starting next week. The twins will go to their "preschool" (which I do my rotation once a month), which means I have 2 hours 3 Mondays a month.... What do I do?? Do I clean? Do I play (craft)? Do I do my grocery shopping? Do I sit and read?

Annie and Family said...

It's a brutal choice to have to make. Good luck Danae! :)

Roxanne said...

It is amazing how fun it can be to just not HAVE to do anything for two hours! Oh such fun!

Jessica Newman said...

You could go for a run, then take a shower, and do your hair without anyone being involved!