Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I thought you DID something?

After coaching the other two soccer teams my kids are on, I was finishing up the third team's practice with a scrimmage. As I evaluated and shouted out encouragement from the side, I was talking with the other team's coach. He asked how long we'd lived here and what I did for a living. My answer: I'm a mom. (It's short, sweet, and all inclusive).

He paused for a moment and replied a little awkwardly "Oh, I thought you DID something."

I wasn't sure weather to fall down laughing or punch the guy. Fortunately, practice number three had just ended, dinner had to be made, kids needed help with homework, bath time, bed time, the house needed to be cleaned, laundry done, a lesson prepared, dishes to wash, passports to check, preschool to prep for, calls to make... just for starters. Maybe I should think about a job where I actually DID something. Hah!

3 comments:

Danae said...

Maybe you didn't get the memo- stay-at-home moms just sit around all day watching soap operas and eating bon bons. ;)

Marley Family said...

Stay a home Mom's are the hardest working people in the world. I like what Danae put. Well said ;0

Sherri said...

Yes! get a clue ...and do something useful!
I am sure he meant NO harm...but it truly funny...of my friends who work...they want NO part of staying home...it's too HARD! But of those that stay home...they want NO part of sharing the HARD with others...since they get such awesome REWARDS!!!!