Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Surrender and Go To Bed!

At bedtime (when the kids are ready on time) we read to them or they can read to themselves or tell each other stories while they are in their beds. Last night, I read to them and tucked them in, the usual ten or so times. When I left them, they were told to stay in their beds and tell stories, sing or talk QUIETLY.

On one of the "re-tucking in and reminding the be quiet times," I ask Ben if he could PLEASE tell his story a little more quietly. He glanced down from his bunk bed with a look of pity at my motherly misunderstanding and lack of vision.

"Mom," he sighed with exasperation, "We are having a war."
"OK, but could you please have your war a little more quietly... it's time for bed."

I guess I failed to see that the hanger in his hand was really a bow and arrow... the bunk bed was a fortress, the tune he was singing at the top of his lungs was his war cry and Connor was the attacking foe. How could he possibly be quiet under the circumstances?

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Heeheeehee!
I loved that story!
Your kids sound wonderful...I hope to meet them all someday!

Roxanne said...

Oh, to be a kid again. Make those moments last!!! Maybe that is one of the blessings of being a mom....you sort of get to be a kid again- and if you choose...join in on all the fun and rediscover life and all it's adventures.

Candria said...

Cute kids! Cute mom! Just wanted to send out a little birthday wish your way!!! Hope you have a great one filled with slobbery kisses!! It was awesome to see you guys and hopefully we'll see you again soon.... :)

mom C said...

Ditto to Roxanne's comment....Couldn't have said it better myself.....you go girl. Grab your hanger and get into the 'war' for a minute and then cover them with 'slobbery kisses'. lov mom

The Skoobs said...

Oh this made me laught. Max LOVES to use his own coat hangers as Bows and Arrows...Oh Boys!!!