Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, August 19, 2011

What's hiding under the bed?

I am one of those horribly mean moms that put their children through the grueling task of clean their own bedrooms. My oldest was breathing hard and looking at me with pitiful eyes after about ten minutes of cleaning her room.

The girls feigned disbelief when I crawled under their bed and shoved all the stuff they'd just "put away" back to their original place on the floor so they could start again.

But Ben was the best... after I asked him if his room was clean:
Ben: Yes, it's clean.
Mom: "Why don't we go and check your room first and then you can play."
Ben: "You don't need to check under the bed."
PAUSE....
Ben: "Actually, could you not check under the bed?"
Hmmmmm

2 comments:

Candria said...

Love your last few posts! You write things so well! You have a way of making my life seem 'normal'!

Ang said...

Way too funny! I'm a mean mom too. Seriously though, why is it so hard to just put things away right after you use them? Especially when there's a place designated for each thing. Why, oh why does it have to be so doggone difficult?!!!!