My little four-year-old just passed the "swim test!" There are three very fun slides at our pool. But they end in 11 feet of water. So to go on the slides, you have to be able to tread water for 30 seconds and then swim across the pool and back. Then and only then, are you awarded the coveted hot orange bracelet of glory that entitles you to use the slides. (When Brooke earned her's, she wouldn't let me take it off for a week).
Today was the last day of summer swim and the end of our family pass. Brett worked with Ben for a while today and Ben swam his little legs off... and he did it!!!!! The look on his face was priceless. He was so tired and smiling from ear to ear. I don't think he left the slides until they closed two hours later.
I have to admit, I loved the look of surprise on the life guards faces, each time they traded stations and saw this little tiny guy going on the slides.
So, we started out with the oldest being able to doggy paddle and the others knew how to sink. Now They all three can swim and dive well. Madi has learned three strokes and can swim pretty fast. This has been the best summer that I can remember. These may seem like small accomplishments... but we had such a blast doing it. I'm going to miss our care free days.
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yeah, we just throw a life jacket on cody and call it good. I'm so proud of all of you guys for working so hard and being such good swimmers! Way to go.
Aw. So cute. I love swimming! My kids love it too. I hope Jack is as good a swimmer as Bay bc I never had to do lessons or work with her much. I will miss Summer, too. And I have LOVED this summer, as well. (First summer I haven't had a small baby or been prego in a while, so it was nice). :)
Post a Comment