Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Laundry room surprises

Doing the laundry has its pros and cons.... one of the good things is the rule in my house that whatever money I find when doing the laundry, I get to keep. Unfortunately my grand total is about three cents. (Do you think things will get brighter for me when they get old enough to get a job?)

One of the not so great parts of being the family laundress is that I get all sorts of surprises in the wash.
Don't worry, its just a toy... one of those really squishy, real looking ones. This little guy was staring at me when I went to put the clothes in the dryer. He must have peeped out of a pocket during the wash cycle.

I've been finding more and more surprises in the wash lately. As my boys get to that "putting treasures in their pockets" stage, things have been getting exciting. I'm still waiting for the old classic: a frog to jump out of the the little boys pocket. Ben just discovered that one pair of his shorts has around fifteen pockets. What was I thinking when I bought those!? The last time I pulled them out of the hamper, they were so stuffed with treasures that I think they weighed more than he does.

What is the craziest thing you have been gifted with while doing laundry? Keep it clean please. hee hee.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I have found my husbands wallet, keys to the car with the clicker on it. Thankfully it still worked. Lots of rocks. And a spider that came out from under the clothes, sadly his life was cut short.

Sherri said...

I love your stories they are so funny!
I too get to keep all money found, and for me it has been a gold mine, until I opened my mouth and told my hubby about all the cash I find in his jeans! He is more careful now! bummer!