I mentioned before that things have been a little crazy around here. That is because on top of coaching both my girl's teams... we are in a play. My two little ladies and I debut this Thursday. We are in "The Miracle Worker"... the story of Helen Keller. It has been an adventure, one we have really enjoyed... but will be relieved when it is over. (So we can go back to "normal.")
One thing that has been fun was making costumes. Our seamstress did a great job... but she only made me one shirt and one skirt. So I decided to go a little nuts with the sewing machine. ( I'm playing the part of Mrs. Keller... that means pretty and froofy 1890's stuff. Hats and gloves and parasol... I love playing dress up and now I have a good reason to). I made some of "Annie Sullivan's"and "Helen's" costumes. I wish that I had done some before and after picts.... I'll post more later. 
The black shirt was a hideous dress at DI's that I chopped and altered. The skirt was the one the seamstress made for me. (I altered that too...Shhhh. I added pleats in the back to form a sort of bustle.) The cream bustle is my favorite! It buttons on so I can use it for a quick costume change. Wait 'till you see the hats! Gotta run.
4 comments:
Sounds so funnnn!! I wish I could come watch you girls in your play. Good luck!!
So fun! I always loved dress ups too.
Dress up is so much fun! Way to go for making costumes!
How fun??? My girls would love this!
Post a Comment