Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yooouuu-Hallooo

Hello again! I have missed all of you. Lately, I have been cursed with a very stubborn computer virus that refuses to be removed from my laptop... so now I am back to using the old dinosaur computer that we bought when we got married. The poor thing has been made fun of, neglected, and thrashed by the small fry trying to navigate starfall and the like. But as evident by this post, the old Bessy still works.

Our lives have been SUPER crazy around here and it is fun in a totally chaotic way. I have been trying to sum things up, but its too long. Lets just skip ahead.

Yesterday as I was doing the laundry in our unfinished basement/laundry room, I tripped past my roller skates. (Two Christmases ago I found skates for everyone at the DI's -second hand store- and we used our basement as a skating rink). Well as time passed the basement has become a lot less... shall we say "open" and rink-like, and my skates have become very lonely.

I was about to walk past them again and continue with my boring chores. But then I turned around, and so did my chores. Cleaning the kitchen was way more fun in roller skates! My kids didn't mind a bit being served lunch like the 50's drive threw. We all had a good laugh and my kids ran to get their skates too. I did look really funny in an apron and bright blue skates... but crazy is my cup of tea.

Hope your day brings a little bit of silly!

6 comments:

Marley Family said...

How cute! I love that! I bet your so cute on skates!

Emily said...

haha That is so funny. And so you! :) I bet your kids will always remember how fun and silly their mom was! I think it is awesome!

Candria said...

You're awesome!

Melly said...

OH...I love skating! I need to go visit DI. ;)

Danae said...

How fun! I know your kids will remember the good times you have with them!

mom C said...

Oh Annie,,,that brings back a memorie of rollerblading with Melanie.."You can do it mom!" Sure, I can....and them came the 'swan dive' to the pavement and 9 weeks in bed recovering from a back injury....They forgot to put a warning on the skates....WARNING: NOT TO BE USED BY CRAZY, DAREDEVIL GRANDMA'S! What I love is that YOU DID IT and didn't just think about it! You go girl! lov mom