I have four children, but if you sat across the street and watched my house for an hour, you would think I had more like fifty. My house is grand central station. I did try to warn our new neighbors about this fact. They thought I was joking until the weather turned nice, and the noise emanating from my back yard echoed off their house.
Quiet times are few and and hard to catch, but (as I try to explain to my discombobulated husband) the noise is all good noise. (Except for the occasional screaming). Quite often, it sounds like a heard of elephants are parading up and down my stairs. And the volume level of voices trying to get my attention does become maddening at times. Due to the increasing crowds, passing out Popsicles and other choice amenities have had to give way to offers of broccoli and brussle sprouts. (They have yet to accept my offer... like I even buy brussle sprouts-Yuk!).
My children are extremely generous in offering my services and craft supplies for impromptu art classes. Today we had two "sessions" because I was not quick enough in putting away the paints.
Despite the noise and the mess and the Aaahhhh, I love it. I would rather have my sweet peas and their gaggle of friend here, than any place else.
2 comments:
I agree....but I don't pass out popsicles and I'm not a cool art mom either. I do enjoy having the kids here though :)
I Love having all the kids over. I love that there at my house and I know were they are and what there doing;)P.s. I totally pass out the popsicles ;)
Post a Comment