Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Unfinished projects

My house never seems to stay clean even when I clean all day... so yesterday I decided to craft instead and let chaos rain. It was a great day!!! There are so many fun, crafty ideas that I want to try to make. Unfortunately I am the queen of unfinished projects. (Partially due to the fact that I am a mom of young children). So yesterday I tried to FINISH as many of those half-done projects as I could. These are a few:


I started making these in early December for Christmas gifts. I had a little fleece left over so I made this scarf and matching ear warmer for Brooke.


By the by... I did not come up with all these ideas. I try to give credit where it is due... but some of these ideas I have just seen around. You can find the ear warmer here:http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2010/09/ear-warmers.html




Finished making all the rolled flowers I care to make at the present time. Sorry about the bad picture.No, I am not wearing a shower curtain... well I kind of am. I finally got around to finishing my hair cutting apron. (It is a necessity when I cut all three of my boys hair all the time). It's made out of shower curtain samples and ribbon. I even whipped up a tiny hair cutting cape to put around the boys at barbershop time.


FINALLY finished my valentines day rose balls. Whew! If I had known how much time they took I would have picked a different craft! You can find this craft here:
http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/01/tissue-rosette-kissing-balls.html



Finally used the polyester my sister gave me to make flowers. Madi wore hers in her hair this morning... but I like this one as a broach I think.

A few down... only about twenty plus more to finish. Unless I start something cuter first. Hee hee...

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love your projects! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the shower curtain apron. I need to make shower curtain pjs for cody because he can't stand hair on him ANYWHERE! I sometimes have to sit on him to cut his hair. Is that bad? Anyway, I'm glad you are having fun and being productive! Love ya.

sportyrls said...

Way to go, Annie! What great projects- and it feels so good to tie up those loose ends : )

Candria said...

Dean just asked me yesterday if my mom never finished projects... wondering if that's where i got it from! She always finished them, as far as I know though - so I don't know what my dealio is! Very cute ones! Thanks for sharing!

Melly said...

Loved the poem...so true! Keep all those projects comming love it. I have been doing much the same here!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

You've always been so creative. I love the scarf and ear warmer.