Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Be my Valentine

Valentines day and I have had a love/hate relationship over the years. In grade school I LOVED it. What's not to love? There is candy, cards with pictures or stickers and the Valentines day box decorating contest. (In sixth grade I won by making mine a toilet with a lid that opened for the cards to go in).

A few years after that I HATED Valentines day! Every girl that I knew was getting flowers, balloons or candy from a boyfriend. I avoided the whole boyfriend thing, but it did occur to me that having one just in time for Valentines day could come in handy. Hee hee.

Now, I am back to loving the holiday again. It might be because I get to re-live that fun childish excitement of candy and cards, with my children... The kids and I are having a ball decorating and doing lovey crafts. I can't wait to put their valentines in the funny little boxes they've made.

But I think that knowing that I have a Valentine and get to keep him forever might also be the key to me loving the "Lovey holiday" again. (I don't expect to get flowers,balloons or candy. In fact if I wanted them I would either have to get them myself or specifically say to Mr. Wonderful... "See those flowers? Those would look nice in our house for Valentines day. Don't you think?") But isn't it fun to be surrounded by the people who mean to most to you on a day that is all about love? I hope you all have a love filled Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I absolutely love love all holidays thatbhave to do with love...I even create my own!

Trulee said...

Hey - we made a quick trip to Elko and stopped by your house on Saturday. So disappointed that you weren't home!

mom C said...

I just caught up with your last four blogs...can't miss my smile for the day. You are totally a wonderful, crafty, darling and funny mommy and I am so proud of you....who cares if it take a day or a year or two to get around to those unfinished things...you get around to the most important ones every day. Thanks for the Valentines...Dad and I loved them.