Saturdays are family days and we love them! I took a long shower comforted with the fact that all was well with my little destructo-beasts because I knew their daddy was keeping a dutiful eye on them. As I got ready, I savored the leisurely pace... "He's got everything under control."
That's when I heard the first signs of distress. The two-year-old had eaten and then sprinkled the toothpaste in every room on the second floor. (I had to chuckle a little). What is he supposed to do for a snack when dad is not paying attention to him? I just kept getting ready, pretending that I didn't notice. While the daddy was scrubbing the carpets and walls, the said two-year-old was on to greener pastures. (Duh! Again I had to laugh. Daddy should know that in order to stop this inevitable continuation of devastation, you must contain the tornado until your attention can move with him to the next disaster area.) Two-year-old was discovered playing with spilled laundry detergent. Daddy groans and I laugh and keep getting ready. This continued for the forty-five minutes of "mom's off duty time."
I am sad to say that I took a sort of devilish delight in the struggles that my man was experiencing in that short period of time. All I could say to console and comfort him was... welcome to my EVERYDAY world!
5 comments:
We do secretly LOVE those moments don't we....Do they really belive that we are oblivious at the time. Of course because they are men and luckily can only focus on one thing at a time. We love our boys...especially our BIG ones. ;)
Sometimes I feel like you are hiding in my house somewhere and blogging about the things you see going on here....
Hi my name is Bethany and I’m Brett’s cousin. I got your blog info off Kaylin’s blog I hope you don’t mind. I want to stay in contact with my family members because we don’t always get to go to the reunions. My blog is streetfamilyfun.blogspot.com
oh I love it yep it happens to the best of us all I get today to fix teh Daddy and Mommy were sick all weekend mess and Oh I have to do it alone to ugha.
How funny- this type of thing happens to me every day. It happens during Ryan's dad-in-charge time too, so at least he knows I'm not a negligent parent. :)
Post a Comment