Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Guess what I got for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Honey thinks gifts are better when you pick them out yourself and I think surprises are the BEST! During the few years of our marriage I have learned that if I want a surprise I have to drop more that a few hints. They have to be more like bomb shells.

Mr. Wonderful had a very stressful month... with work and other things. So I asked if there was going to be a surprise under the tree this year or if he needed me to pick up my own gift. (Hey, its better to be prepared emotionally if there isn't going to be something under the tree for you).The blank look and stunned silence was very reassuring. Ug. So I hit the dollar store and grabbed a couple stylin' necklaces for him to give me. (They were pretty awesome if you ask me. He has good taste).

A few days before Christmas, he was acting a little suspicious. Woo hoo! That means a surprise!!! Christmas eve rolled around and he was smiling from ear to ear. On Christmas morning he gave me a box and had all the kids quiet down "to watch Mommy". I opened a large box... filled with packing peanuts. Since all the kids were waiting anxiously I started dumping the stuff into another box to expedite things. Nothing.

"You must have dumped it out," He said with a grin. Right about then I was thinking this was one of his jokes. Sigh! The kids jumped up and helped me search through the Styrofoam. We found a tiny paper... So guess what the most wonderful man in the world gave me for Christmas!?!

Dang, I can't get the photo to upload. Anyway, he's taking me to see the Broadway show Wicked! This is me screaming with excitement!!!!!!!

I'll get to the pictures of the kids gifts later. We had an amazing Christmas!

6 comments:

Candria said...

AHHHHH! That is awesome! Merry Christmas!

Marley Family said...

Awesome! I'm totally jealous!

Lindsay Conover said...

You will LOVE it... best one I have ever seen! Good Job Brett!

Lizzie Bingham said...

Very good show! Have a great time!

Roxanne said...

oh man.....that is soooo awesome! I am definitely jealous! I love the music from that musical. have fun!

The Skoobs said...

You are going to love IT!!!! It was soooo amazing!!!