Now with my little family, I am trying to teach my children about giving from the heart. And the cycle of interesting and crazy homemade gifts starts anew with my girls old enough to use a glue gun. It is always a challenge for me to think of something that is not going to be just another toy (that I will have to pick up).
I couldn't post this before Christmas because I knew my little guys would probably see the pictures. This was the gift I made for my two boys... to go on their bunk bed. I had seen a few on-line and decided to give it a whirl. Thanks to tons of suggestion and a little help from family and friends... this is what I came up with:
The castle front is sewn to a flat sheet that goes under the top mattress to hold it in place. The turret piece (at the top) slips over the railing like a pillow case.
The gray fabric came from my mom. Sweet! The banners, flags and curtains were all ribbon scraps. (Also from my mom... I know, she's awesome!) I got the brick-look by mixing (ceramcoat)gray,white,black paints and applying it with a large sponge.
This was the most challenging gift I have made so far, but also the most fun! And the best part... I can play in it too!
7 comments:
How wonderful! I bet your kids love that!
Wow! That is so awesome! What a fun present : ).
Hey thats amazing! Good job. What happend to the mushroom mirror? ;) Love you.
Annie, you are incredible!! I wish you were my mom! Your kids are so stinkin' lucky!! What a coooooool gift!
Oh, I forgot to mention how much I loved seeing you! Thanks so much for stopping by! I would give anything to have a scrapbook day with you and talk for several hours! You are one of my most favorite people in this whole world!!
That looks so cool! I bet your kids are enjoying their castle.
How creative! This is one of those presents that will be hours of fun. Peace and quiet won't be so bad either.
Post a Comment