Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Re-thinking twins

This one's for you mothers out there who the Lord knew were amazing enough to bless with twins.

A little background: My younger sister and her husband asked me to take care of their two darling little girlies while they hit the beaches of Hawaii. Our two youngest children are close in age... and in that stage of getting into EVERYTHING. And now I am getting a little taste of what it must be like to have that heaven sent "natural disaster" they call toddler-aged twins.

Sample 30 minutes of my day:

Toddler Bingham: 9:30 am, found flushing things down toilet.
Toddler Raiger: 9:31, refused to miss the fun and was screaming to get up from her morning nap.

Toddler B: 9:39, While I was getting Toddler R up, Toddler B had scooted a chair over to the counter and was making some kind of concoction with the syrup I had forgotten to put away after breakfast. There is now a huge puddle and sticky foot prints all over the kitchen and a Toddler B is in his second outfit.

Toddler R: 9:50, is crying because she can't get down the stairs to join the fun.
Toddler B: 9:52, Once again playing in the toilet

Toddler B: 9:53 screaming because his mom said no to playing in the toilet
Toddler R: 9:54, Has unloaded the baby wipes for the tenth time and has scattered them all over the bedroom.

Toddler B: 10:01, while looking out the back door at the puppy, his fingers got stuck in the BACK of the sliding door.
Toddler R: 10:02 Fingers got squished in the FRONT of the sliding door while trying to get Toddler B's fingers out of the back.

10:03, Two screaming toddlers with packages of frozen peas on their owie fingers.

10:10 I am all for it when Toddler B brings me a Baby Einstein DVD case.

My friend Denae who has two-year-old twins wrote: "The next time someone tells me that they always wanted/want twins, I will offer to let them take mine to the store. That should enlighten them on the real joys of having twin toddlers." http://houseofkannely.blogspot.com/2010/09/double-trouble.html

Well, consider me enlightened! But I've loved the fun parts too... like how they play so well together. Snuggling them both on my lap for stories and seeing them make each other laugh. Dancing to silly music and listening to two squealing, delighted children... And then checking on them after they've fallen asleep and seeing two perfect little angels. It's been and adventure to say the least.

6 comments:

Marley Family said...

AHhhhh crazy!

mom C said...

Ah, ha, haahaaohaaahahahahahaha! Yes and how are the other 4 doing? If it weren't so real I would say that you made that all up but I know all to well that it is real and just one day in the lifetime of children. You are just plain awesome and that is all there is to it. See you tomorrow night sometime...:) lov mom (to the rescue!!!!!!1!!!!!!!..cause I'm bringing DAD

Roxanne said...

so, now that you've got the knack for twins, want to take my two so I can go to Hawaii?
You're awesome Annie!!!!

Ang said...

Sounds like a party! I still want twins but not for the same reason everyone else does..... hee hee!

Danae said...

hehe Good job, Annie- you survived! Having twins does have its good side too, you are right. Naptime is the best!

The Skoobs said...

I wanted triplets when I was younger and their names were going to be Molly, Dolly, and Holly...But know HEck NO....I love having babies one at a time!