Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Snow of Winter

I have no pictures yet, but we had a ball this morning... the squeals came a little before six this morning: "Yaaahhhh! Wake up! Wake up! It's snowy outside!!!" No,it was not me this time.

Madi was packed off to school, where she's sure to get her share of snow play during recess, and we went out to make a snowman. Actually I just watched. Brooke made one as tall as she is, all by herself. In my book that is a big mile stone. Some parents freak out when their kids take there first step... I think its pretty cool when they can make a snowman without help that is three times their body weight.

Our puppy was funny to watch, as this was his first snow too. (Yes, it is a boy dog after all... that's a long and funny story for another day. But for now we are all having a hard time saying "good BOY" instead of "good GIRL." The poor thing is going to have a complex). Brooke and Ben had to keep shewing the dog away because he was eating their snow balls. Connor just kept toddling around like a marshmallow with arms.

I love snow! Snowball fights, snowmen, igloo making, snow angels... there is just no end to the fun! And I love warming up cold hands with hot chocolate and marshmallows. The only down side is the half and hour it takes to prep the kids for the five minutes of fun... and the puddles of melted snow that are always being mopped up. Ah... winter is here!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I wanna see pics!!!! sounds like fun:)