Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The "fun to do list"

I am a list maker. Mostly because after giving birth to four children, I have lost a lot of brain cells and can't remember things with out writing them down or having one of my children responsible for reminding me. That reminds me, I'd better jot down a few calendering things before I... oh shoot, what was I supposed to write down? hee hee

So this week, I decided to do the things I really should have done with my kids on the week I re-did my kitchen. This is my penance. The kids sat down with me and each of them shouted out a few of the "fun things" they wanted to do. It is only Tuesday, and I have to say, this has been the most fun I have had this summer! The list looks something like this:

  • Go yard sale-ing
  • Go to the library
  • Picnic at the park
  • Go to volleyball
  • Sew Madi's dress
  • Go swimming
  • Tea party
  • Run through sprinklers
  • Play at another park
  • Back yard camp out
  • Drive-in movie party
  • Go to pet store
  • doughnut run
  • Go to another park
  • Go to more parks
  • Family bike rides
I don't know why I get so caught up in getting my silly house work done . Fun with my kids is just WAY MORE FUN! We just finished our cardboard box cars and are going to have our "drive-in" in the family room tonight. (My car is a little small to sit in for a couple hours comfortably... I think I'll just let Connor sit in it).

So here is the lesson I have learned this week: Laundry and dirty dishes will still be there waiting for me (unfortunately) but my kids will only be little (and wanting me to play with them) for a short time. So have a fun day... I'm going to read stories with my cuties.

6 comments:

Melly said...

Yeah, You just pretty much ROCK!!!

mom C said...

Annie, may I just say that I'm glad I'm your mom....and that you share those cuties with Dad and I sometimes! Your kitchen looks fab....and that basket idea is really unique and turned out so cute....and I wish we were there for the drive in movie and all the rest of the fun this week. Dad is truly proud of his 'carpenter girl' and your courage. Keep going girl! lov mom.

Emily said...

Wow...someone likes parks! :) You are a great mom!

The Skoobs said...

Wow, I have been thinking the same thing..I need to be way more engaged in my kids lives....I need to get over housework too...Thanks so much for reminding me!!!!

Sherri said...

Our drive in movies was one of the best activities! I hope you guys have a BLAST!!! =)

Ang said...

Love the ideas....I needed some new ones! My teenagers still love to hang out with me, but I only have a few short years left with them living at home - so we should all do something fun and make some memories!