Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Basket makeover

I just finished this project last night and wanted to... is it ok to say "show it off?" I found this little beauty at a yard sale for a dollar. If you can't tell, it's an old picnic basket. And while it is very charming as is... I had plans for the unsuspecting little basket.So I hit the power tools and had a little fun. Yes those are my old college chemistry goggles for those of you wondering... but now they are ultra sweet power tool mom gear.
I ripped off the old top. Lined the whole basket with masonite to make it more sturdy. (Hooray for my new table saw... also from a yard sale. I know, its so sweet!) A yard of polka dot fabric, little hot glue and a lot of tiny screws later: my happenin' new basket! But hold the phone...


Now it's my guest bathroom, um... well I have haven't exactly figured out what to put in it, but hey, its done. (I just won't be showing my husband how many holes I put in the wall. Those stupid stud finders don't work!)





7 comments:

sportyrls said...

How cute is that?! Your projects all look so great!

Melly said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see what goes inside.

Sherri said...

This is absolutely adorable! Good Job!

Marley Family said...

I love that! What a great idea!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

What an adorable idea! I LOVE it! And I love that you're not afraid of a little old saw... Mark thinks I'm the only woman in the world who has "manlier hobbies" than her husband... :)

Roxanne said...

All I have to say is, I love the goggles. You really make them look good! Sweet basket too.

Emily said...

SO cute! I love the pic of you! You are so cute!