Totally, really, absolutely don't want to clean my house today!!!!! Unfortunately, I don't have a maid. Kind of wish I did. No, today I REALLY wish I did. Or maybe just a couple more "me's." Actually, I'd need a small army of me's. The real me could go lay in the sunshine, read a book or something lazy and delightful. The other me's would take care of the children, clean the house, organize, make delish meals, run the errands and everything else. Mmmmmm that sounds so nice!
The only problem would be when Brett comes home. I'm not sure the poor man could handle more than one me. Hmmm, that comment could go two ways.... either I am a pretty big handful of girly emotions and wifely craziness OR I am so dang fabulous Brett just wouldn't know what to do with more wonderfulness. Please don't tell me which one is true. I'm just going to pretend its the second one.
Well, now that I have wasted about ten minutes that I really should have been cleaning a bathroom or something more productive... I'm going to clean and just pretend its the other me and that I am really at a spa for the day. (I've never been to a spa... sigh... scrub, spraying Windex... scrub, scrub... sigh).
5 comments:
....sigh....
I totally understand! Maybe one day we can go to a spa together and our husbands will watch the kids, of course when we come home the houses will be a disaster and we will have to clean again....sigh :)
Love it! Good for you for not giving in.... I didn't clean yesterday because I needed " a day off " and guess what I'm doing ALL DAY today? How does one day of neglect turn into more than twice the work? .....sigh. I just finished the bathrooms, forgot I needed to look up a recipe for tonight, thanks for the comic relief and emotional support before moving onto the mopping!
Well,well...Erma Bombeck watch out Annie is on the loose again. :)
You make me laugh and commis=zerate...how do you spell that darn word anyway? It always brings back sweet and bittersweet memories to read your essays on life...and end laughing again just knowing that you will make it through any situation with shining colors (some on the walls, some on the clothes) because you are my daughter and thats what Conover (Bingham) women do with no maid, no other moms in the house but us and the refrigerator still needs to be cleaned out again (in six months if it's lucky!) :) You are the best there is for your family 'cause God chose you for 'just a time such as this!" I'm so proud of you and keep up the writing 'cause you are worth reading and learning from.
lov mom
I'm pretty sure Brett wouldn't know what to do with more wonderfulness. :o) And I think it's ok to take a little time out for yourself. If it makes for a happier mom, then everyone else in the house is happier!
It is so important to take time for yourself...I need to work on that bc I am so much happier when I do...we just went to Park City for our anniversary and (to get over the anxiety of being away from my kiddos probably) Bryson gave me an hour massage at the spa in our resort...SOOOO HEAVENLY! I love spas! You have to go to one! They are sooo outrageously expensive, though...don't think I would pay for it myself..but it was a gift...this is a novel! I love you! Hope you can come to the reunion!
Post a Comment