How do you dress to clean the bathroom? I know it sounds like a weird question... Like how should I dress for such and such an occasion...but I am serious here. I used to just stay in my grubbies, hair in the matted knot I woke up with, smelly and un-showered, and on a mission to make my bathrooms gorgeous. But inevitably, a friend or seven would drop by for a visit, my husband would NEED something dropped off at work, or an emergency errand would pop up and require me, in all my splendor, to appear in public.
So now a days I shower and get ready for the day... even on those days (like today) that I know all I am going to do is clean and scrub and get dirty by cleaning some more. But obviously this is a no win situation (or I wouldn't be blogging about it). For you see... cleaning in anything but my grubbbies is just down right dumb for me... I always seem to ruin anything I am cleaning in. Last week for example... I ended up bleaching spots in my jeans. Sigh! Or the time I sat on the edge of the newly cleaned tub and laid waste to my favorite capris. Sob! And this morning I accidentally soaked my up-do and makeup when cleaning the shower. It was really kind of funny!
I do have a friend who cleans her shower while she is taking a shower... but I just can't do that. First of all, my shower is MY time... even if I only get two minutes, with kids pounding on the door... it is two minutes of ME time. And secondly, with my luck the comet cleaner and my shampoo would probably combine, causing some chemical reaction resulting in a large explosion or a green goopy monster or something.
Maybe I'm just a clumsy cleaner. I do have to wear an apron almost constantly. Hmm, maybe I should go for the painter's frock, like the kindergartners. Oh well, at least my powder rooms are clean and smelling nice even if I'm not anymore.
6 comments:
I totally understand! Some days I stay in "painting clothes" for the dirty work, and other days I feel like I get more done if I get dressed and put on some make up first. I can't clean the shower while showering either. I need to wear an apron all the time too. I am going to go change right now! I am covered in the first half of the day. Time to prep for the second!
Love this post! My days don't "start" until mom has had a shower. (I totally relate to the ME time in the shower!) So, I usually get ready for the day on those bathroom scrubbing days, but I wear jeans and one of my lovely cleaning shirts aka.. one that has been ruined by said bleach products... Then, after I'm done cleaning, I just change my shirt. I've been lucky enough not to ruin any pants so far... Watch tomorrow (my bathroom cleaning day) be the first for that! I love these little challenges that as a teenager I never would have thought about....
You are not alone my friend. I have ruined many of my favorite clothes also - so now I compromise. I shower and get my hair and face ready for the day but I put on grubbies to clean in. Then if someone comes over I'm not completely disgusting -- I just look like I'm cleaning! And if I have to go somewhere it's easy to quickly change into something nice and freshen up a bit!
I can't clean nicely either. Today while I was washing the high chair tray, I dumped quite a lot of water on myself. It was just water, but I had company show up about 7 minutes later!
I am an apron wearer, but I should start to be more presentable! I should get all ready and then add the apron, since here, I have lots of pop ins! I loved this post!
Yea, you really need to start a humor column about motherhood or SOMETHING! You are so great at writing and FUNNY! I love reading your posts.
Post a Comment