Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Better late than...well, you know

We got really sick after Halloween, and I never got to post these. I'm really sad that I didn't ever get a really good family shot... (Or any good shots for that matter).We were the Croods for Halloween. The kids picked the theme and they had fun quoting the movie ALL MONTH! I watched the show a lot while I was sewing, to get inspiration for each costume.













Brooke is Eep, Madi is the Grandma. This was the only picture I got of Brooke in her costume. She was sick on Halloween day... this was at a Party earlier in the week.
 Brett was Grug (the dad) and Q was 'the baby' (and he WAS in character the whole time! If you've not seen the movie... it just means that this kids was zooming around the whole time, terrorizing everything. We kept laughing and saying "release the baby!"

Connor was Guy... The boys all grew their hair out so they could look caveman-ish. The feet for Connor's costume, I made to be slippers so he could use them afterward. It was funny watching him clomp around in these things.

Ben was Thunk... he was cracking lines from the movie all day and making us laugh!

 Madi's costume, which you really can't see, was the most challenging. She had this filmy scale looking material that was a nightmare to sew with... the back had aligator like ribs down the back and a stuffed tail.

 I was Ugga, the mom. This was the only picture of my costume. 

2 comments:

Ang said...

Oh my gosh those are adorable! You are an amazing seamstress I gotta say!

mom C said...

Yeah for Annie...I am amazed at your creativity and sewing prowess...(sp?)
These are definitely the best of the best....did you win an award this year?