Do you ever have one of those days where, you have so much to do, that you don't know where to start? Those come quite frequently around here. (There is nothing wrong with days like that... it's better than being bored I suppose). Well, on days that seem to be threatening craziness in the forecast... I sometimes play hooky.
Not that I leave... just mentally. HA! No, I mean from the stuff that I do on a daily basis... the regular stuff.
Thursday was one of those days, and I decided to sew. I thought, "If I can just use my energy and 'creative powers...' - cue personal theme song- (No I don't have one, but if I did, this is where it would be played... and any other time I use the words 'creative powers')... hem. Back to my thoughts... "If I can DO something that will stay DONE, I will fill fulfilled today." So I sewed. And it was fun, productive and it stayed DONE. (Unlike that shining kitchen that was turned into a war zone an hour later at dinner time).
And the next day, I sewed... and it was even more fun. I had to put my sewing machine away to force myself to focus on real life again. But I think I'm developing an addiction. Ha! Its so fun to make things that fit and are cute... (well I think they are cute). My latest thing is searching pinterest for (my level) sewing projects to work on next. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get started on three more! (And I can't wait to wear the lace overlay skirt I made for church). Sew, what-ch-ya working on?
1 comment:
10 cheers for 'run away' sewing days! Sew good for your sanity.
Post a Comment