For the last five or so years, we have made caramel apples as a family as soon as October begins to look "Fallish." I wanted it to become a fun family tradition and something the kids will remember later. Last night, for Family Home Evening, we decided to make our apples. It's usually very messy, sticky and involves crazy toppings.
Unfortunately, we were short on time, I was short on patience, and the kids had plenty of energy that was being expressed in less than desirable ways. (How was that for saying.. they were being stinkers). So the short version is that they made
a mess their apples, but didn't get to eat them because it was bedtime. And by the time we were done I was thinking, maybe they'll just remember the good parts about this and not all the hollering I did.
I mean, what's not to enjoy? "Sit down, hold still, be quiet! We are trying to have some family fun here!" It's always is funny later.
1 comment:
HAhahahahaha...no, it's funny now....thanks for the dejavue...you are such a darling to share and give us some laughs when we need it!
Post a Comment