Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Too Tall

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Ours was amazing and SO busy! I have a million pictures to post, unfortunately  they are all on my mom's camera... so not yet.

So. back to business. My nine-month-old is off the charts tall. I didn't give it much thought... just a "Nice, another tall Bingham." and that was about it. I guess I should have known this was coming when the nurses couldn't fit his foot on the infant foot print paper when he was born. The other day it occurred to me as he was pulling things off a cupboard (that most babies wouldn't be able to reach yet) that there is a reason babies are "usually" a little more little.

As I watched him bounce in his crib I wondered how long it would be able to contain him. The mattress can only lower so much. He can reach my kitchen table (which is about three inches taller than the standard height)  without effort. His long arms are quick and very skilled precision grabbing machines. He maneuvered himself OUT of his walker the other day. (As in stood on his toes and pulled himself out and onto the floor. Ahhh!) Nothing is safe with this age, I knew that, but I am surprised at how high I am having to move things already!

The pediatrician said once, "Its a good thing they are so close to the ground." Well this little guy isn't as close to the ground as the run of the mill kid. As little Q is starting to totter around, its no wonder that his forehead is decorated with little purple bruises.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine that. Good luck keeping him safe and happy!