Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, December 21, 2012

A prayer for the children

Have you heard the song "The Prayer of the Children"? It is one of my favorites. The melody is pleading and almost haunting. The words bring tears to my eyes. Most of the time I can't sing it with out choking up.

As I watched my little ones go off to school today I prayed for them, as I do every day. I pray that they will be protected from harm and evil and accident. I pray for their innocent minds to be guided in right paths and shielded from that which is wrong. And each day, when they return to my care, I thank the Lord for their safety and the privilege it is to be their mother.
 
Today is an emotional day for a lot of people. My heart aches for those parents and families who lost loved ones last Friday. I wish I could do something more. But if this reaches anyone who's heart is tender with pain and sorrow, may this song and my heartfelt sympathy bring you some comfort.

Love,
Annie

1 comment:

Danae said...

Beautiful. My heart aches for those families who lost their loved ones. I had such a hard time sending my kids to school Monday.