Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Keepin' my day job

I am a lousy tooth fairy! It's a miracle that my kids actually believe in her at all. I try, I really do, but my husband is usually the one to save the day. By the time I get the kids in bed, I'm usually too tired to remember that I'm supposed to look under their pillow once they fall asleep. If it weren't for Brett, we'd have a stock pile of little teeth laying around under a few pillows.

Yesterday my five-year-old lost his first tooth. SO EXCITING! He was thrilled with the prospect of placing it under his pillow and awaking to riches. When he walked into my room this morning he was close to tears. I was dumbfounded for a moment until Brett mouthed "the quarter." We'd forgotten AGAIN! So I hugged and soothed while the daddy remedied the situation. Small Fry and I decided it might be a good idea to check again because "sometimes when we wake up we don't see things clearly."

He was beyond delighted and immediately added it to his piggy bank, began counting and re-counting the contents. I am so glad I have another "job" because I would have been fired a long time ago if my chosen profession were "tooth fairy." 

On a side note, yes, you did read that correctly... the tooth fairy in this house only leaves a quarter. She hasn't participated in the whole inflation thing. The providers of the teeth seemed just fine with this shiny addition to their piles of pennies until they started comparing the generosity of other kid's tooth fairies. I can't believe that there are tooth fairies out there who give five bucks a tooth! Sheesh. I would have to get another day job!

1 comment:

Danae said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who fails miserably with being the Tooth Fairy. Sometimes the Tooth Fairy runs behind "because there were so many teeth to collect," so we try again the next night....