Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Great lengths for garnishes?

I really admire people who can make food taste good AND look pretty. So far, it seems like I can do either one OR the other... not both. I think its amazing that people spend hours making food look so attractive. At my house it gets gobbled up so fast, I don't think my family even notices what they put in their mouths sometimes.

Last night I made sugar cookies that looked like candy corn. (The kind with tri-colored dough) It took quite a while and they looked really cute! The kids LOVED that they looked just like the candy. (I made them especially for Ben. The candy corn is processed with peanuts and he's been such a good sport as the other kids have been eating it in front of him). So I spent a good couple hours making these cookies. It was fun and for a purpose, but I don't think I'll ever do it again. Too much time for something that just gets gobbled! And besides I think sugar cookies are gross.

4 comments:

Melly said...

I have long ago given up trying to make my food "look Nice" No one but me will ever notice and I know it tastes good! So here's to searving dinner in pots and pans. Just be happy you have plates and forks and not just a bib and your hands. P.S. sugar cookies are a divine institution, please do not defile!

Ang said...

I'd much rather eat food that tastes good than looks good! I've tried presenting my food in a pretty way and I have to agree - don't waste your time! Especially because then you have twice the dishes to wash!

Jessica Newman said...

I think the saddest part of this post is that Ben can't have peanuts! and I think sugar cookies are gross too!

Danae said...

On occasion I try to make our food look nice, like when we have company over. Otherwise, the time or extra clean up is just too much. I've seen pictures of those candy corn cookies. I bet yours were super cute!