We drove to Arizona. It was a very long drive! Thankfully my kids were pretty much little angels during the whole drive time. (My baby snoozing).
We made a stop at the Hoover Dam. All this was a first for Brett and the kids. It was fun to show them the things I remember seeing as a little girl.
Here is the darling reason for our trip. My brother and his wife just had their second baby. Isn't she beautiful! We joined them to celebrate her blessing just before her daddy is deployed.
Hanging with my sister-in-law. She totally doesn't look like she just had a baby a week ago!
"Uncle Shon is the coolest!" They took us to a lake just off post and we had a blast. Shon put the kids in the boat and had it anchored to the shore. So they felt like big stuff paddling all by themselves.
My baby. Dang he is cute.
Of course we had to go geocaching. We found a lot of caches on our trip. (The most exciting one was when Brett lifted a box and a VERY large lizard jumped out from underneath it). Grandma Conover got into it too.
One of my favorite outings. The Mesa, AZ temple.

My little archaeologist heart was in heaven at this stop. Behind us is Montezuma's Castle. Google it... its really neat!
Here is out tour guide.

Isn't that amazing! I've wanted to visit Mesa Verde since I was a little girl... but this was an amazing substitute!
Isn't that amazing! I've wanted to visit Mesa Verde since I was a little girl... but this was an amazing substitute!
6 comments:
What an awesome vacation! I love it. The pics are great. The kids and I are going to Utah next month for a wedding and then to California for a few weeks. Can't wait :)
Looks like a fun vacation. You should pass along your traveling games and secrets to me. We are getting ready for a lovely long car ride to mid-California... I love your family pictures in front of the temple!
I'll share the kid travel games and ideas in my next post. :)
What a fun trip! So glad you had a great time;)
So, glad you are sharing travel tips. We too are leaving next week for a New Mexico adventure!
Wow! What great pictures. It looks beautiful. And your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment