Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A nice spring day... and then it snowed!

Yesterday was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine so the kids and I went for a hike in the hills behind our neighborhood. Isn't that cool that a block away we have THIS!
Ben found a stick to be his gun for "shooting lions" but he was just as delighted to find that it also helped him "climb the mountain."

Madi and Brooke loved the freedom of running far ahead and deciding what trail to follow. I just loved this picture. My two little adventurers.

We really had a fun little hike. The snow had finally all melted and it was beginning to feel like spring. But.... This morning we woke up to snow blanketing everything, even the tree branches. I do love snow, but it really smelled like spring yesterday and I have really been getting itchy to garden. Here we just have to get used to the freak storms that keep coming back until summer. (Apparently its not unusual to get snow in June here).
Oh well, we will enjoy what sunshine we get!



3 comments:

Emily said...

I am soooo mad that it is snowing here! We woke up to mountains of it! I want spring to come faster! Look at your cute kids!!! Hey remember Spring break when we came to your home town and went on that hike? That was fun! Good times!

Roxanne said...

At least you got to take advantage of the sunshine while it lasted. You should really move to AZ, though. It is perfect weather these days! Bytheway, those pics are so cute!

Jessica Newman said...

I am so over winter! I am wearing little spring colored cardigans to encourage warmer weather, maybe it will work :)