My older brother is being deployed to Afghanistan for a year. So my family had an impromptu family get together to say goodbye. We had a great time. Almost all of my siblings were there... and that is getting more and more rare. My six brothers can be a little... well, 'crazy' is the word that comes to mind. I was so busy laughing at them that unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures. They were playing games like "sting pong," "Chip and bleed," and "painful sixes." As you can tell by the name of the game... they almost all have to do with injuring someone. So while the guys were doing "manly" things the girls went shopping, the cousins got to play, and there was a lot of just hanging around and chatting. Thank you to our sister-in-law Melanie for hosting the WHOLE CIRCUS at her house.
Everyone loved the new puppies at Aunt Melanie's house. This bin of fun was the hub for all the little ones... they were usually to be found next to the puppies. Brooke and Madi just couldn't get enough of them.
My oldest brother Mike and his daughter Emily.
Uncle John taking advantage of the back rubs offered by Ben and his cousin Jeffy. I love how these two cousins are such good friends now. (During church they were laughing and giving each other bear hugs).
4 comments:
How fun to get together with family. We wish Shon good luck on his deployment. We are proud of him!
We had tons of fun visiting!!! Thank you everyone so much for making efforts on short notice to be there. We are so blessed to have such a fun/crazy and supportive family. We love you so much.
I wish I lived close to family! It is fun to see them....it has been a LONG time!
Sounds like a blast. It is so hard to get everyone together as everyone grows up and has their own families. It makes me sad to think of my kids leaving me! I so wish we could run away and get together. I think we should plan a get-together and meet in the middle this summer. It could just be you and I with kids or we could have our whole family go. Wouldn't that be just like old times?! Especially if it turned out colder than we planned so we have to have an indoor picnic. MISS YOU!!!
Post a Comment