We went biking along the coast. They have a beautiful 11 mile bike path that winds in and out of parks and woodland and follows the coast. (I got some really funny looks because I had Connor in the sling). It made things a little interesting but we had a great day!
Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Vaction in Alaska
Brett had some business in Anchorage and he invited me to tag along for the fun of it. So we dropped our older three kids off at Grandma's house (bless her heart!) and we took off. Connor was not to into the plane ride, but other than that he was an angel. While Brett was at work, Connor and I went to places I knew Brett wouldn't want to go... like the Alaska Botanical Gardens and an Eskimo artifacts museum. After Brett finished up we did some great sight seeing... I'm just glad we didn't see any of these furry friends on any of our hikes!
I had the time of my life on this trip with Brett. It was so fun and such a nice break... but by day two, I was really missing my little ones.

We went biking along the coast. They have a beautiful 11 mile bike path that winds in and out of parks and woodland and follows the coast. (I got some really funny looks because I had Connor in the sling). It made things a little interesting but we had a great day!
We hiked up to a glacier. It was incredible the way it seemed to glow blue from inside and the intense winds that were created by the glacier itself. I was all for hiking up the the ice field above the glacier, but Brett said the 1,350 foot elevation change in a mile and a half might be a little much for that late in the day. Ha Ha (That's Connor in the sling... he lived in there on most of our outings).
We went biking along the coast. They have a beautiful 11 mile bike path that winds in and out of parks and woodland and follows the coast. (I got some really funny looks because I had Connor in the sling). It made things a little interesting but we had a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh, my gosh how much fun....I would love to go to Alaska one day. Not to mention just to get away for a while and it takes me a little longer to miss the kiddos too. Maybe It's cuz I'm old...He He ;)
That is so cool! I am glad to know that with 4 kids- and a great grandma--you can still get away every once in a while! :) It is hard to leave your kids, but I think it is so healthy and good for your marriage! Good for you guys! Looked like fun! Run into any Palins? ha ha JK.
What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had lots of fun : ) And I absolutely love your new family picture!!
Way cute family picture!!! Love it! My mom said you called while we were away (At least I think it was you?!) Sorry we missed you! Next time! Glad you had fun on your vacation. Looks like a great time!
Alaska seems so far away and adventurous! It looks and sounds like you had a great time...that's awesome! I also love the new family picture. You all look so happy, and that brought a big smile to my face and made me happy too! Thanks.
How exciting! We just got back from a trip to California, but Alaska sounds a bit more exotic! You look great. Everyone is looking great to me right now. I am 25 weeks pregnant and getting bigger by the day!
That looked like a lot of fun! I've never been to Alaska. And your new family picture is ADORABLE!!! I love it!
Wow! What a nice little get away. I just love your family picture....such cute kids you have!
Post a Comment