We love the library summer reading program. The kids and I love books, the library, stories, snuggle time and all the fun that comes with reading. The only part I don't enjoy is the chaos that periodically rains in the children's section of the library. I usually go on quiet days that are not story times or craft times and I usually sign up early instead of going to the "kickoffs" to sign up. Well today was the summer reading kick off and it involved ice cream... so of course we went.
I was waiting in line to sign the kids up (like a sucker, wishing I had done it earlier on those quiet days). The mother of the children in front of me were announcing loudly to the librarian (who was trying to help the people in the front of the line) that they were already done with the first page of their reading log and ready for a report. (The reading challenge had just started this morning). The mom turned to me and asked if I was there to sign up because If I was, I should go ahead because her kids were "already done with the first page! And ready to give their report."
The little girl looked pleased, like she was waiting for an approving pat on the head. The mom had the same look on her face. I had a hard time not laughing out loud. On the child it was cute and appropriate, on the mother it was hilarious and slightly annoying. All I could safely say with out laughing was, "Wow" as I smiled at the child.
1 comment:
I have a hard time with the craziness of the library as well. I try to go first thing in the morning and we rarely attend special events because....well, some moms are just special ;)
(You get a pat on the back though!)
Post a Comment