Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring + cleaning

I really don't enjoy spring cleaning! Its like finding out that your house, that you thought was clean.... isn't.
But, it does feel good to look back at the room that I totally tore apart to clean all the nooks and crannies (that no one looks at anyway) and although it looks almost the same as when I started... at least I know it's really clean. (I'm trying to convince myself).

Actually this is probably the most I have enjoyed spring cleaning in a long time because my friend and I are doing it together. We both have the same house plan and are similar in our cleaning habits so this is working out to be fun. We are secure enough in our friendship that we are letting each other scrub those nasty corners and baseboards. Now that is a good friend!

I have talked about doing this with a lot of friends... but this is the first time I have followed through. We have    already spent a day at each house. Things are starting to shine and we are pooped... but it's like everyone's grandma says, "Many hands make light work."

Happy Spring cleaning!

3 comments:

Danae said...

Eek! I'm always leery of letting others see those unorganized, dirty spaces in my house. I bet it is a lot more fun to do with a friend though! PS That green syrup is.... appetizing. :)

mom C said...

I have a lot of friends that I would love to have come help scrape the guk but they don't move any better than I do....can you see us limping around and using brooms to help us get back up after we found ourselves on the floor chasing dust bunnies. We would just end up laughing at each other and then sit down and watch a chick flick and eat choc. chip cookies and drink milk....good times that!

Kristen said...

Oh my friend, this is the most I've ever enjoyed spring cleaning too! Next week...walls and baseboards? Slowly but surely we'll git r done!