Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A girly holiday?!?

In the past, I have said that Thanksgiving is a man's holiday... that's another story. My husband came in today  saying that if Thanksgiving is a man's holiday then Valentines Day is totally a woman's holiday. I absolutely agreed with him. But I think I've changed my mind...

Valentines gives the boy/man/husband/boyfriend-what ever- a chance to be the "hero." I have it on good authority that most guys do want to be the hero at some point. To swoop in and save the girl from imminent disaster... it's down right awesome! 

I was pondering this as my husband rode off on his white horse (or green pick up truck) towards the evil fortress where his children are being held captive (the grade school). He was armed with weapons ever white knight needs...  flowers for his little princesses and a treat for his little prince. As much as he (may or may not have) huffed about Valentines Day, I could see it in his eyes... he was just as excited as they are going to be. I wanted so bad to follow and be a paparazzi just to see the kids reactions! I love that my children's daddy is their valentine! 

So happy Valentines Day to all of you!  

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this! Ty and Mia are going to the daddy daughter sweetheart dance tomorrow night. I wish I could go too!

Ang said...

adorable!!

mom C said...

Dearest of all Annies....I just always love your blogs. This was such a fun Valentines because we went to the Dance at church....we have not danced in so long that I was not sure our feet would know where to go. We danced so much when we were young it came as second nature. Well, sure enough, we laughed out way through what use to be smooth and graceful and it truly came out a little wobbly, haltingly stiff and some sore toes after but oh, how we loved it. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WORLD.