Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Swim suit season

Was there ever a phrase more dreaded by women everywhere? "Swim suit season"... it sounds like a cruel tongue  twister. It's this time of year that ladies the world over are assessing their figures with dismay. When ever I walk by the newly displayed summer section in stores I can't help eyeing those tiny little suits and wonder if any real human being (not surgically engineered) can fit in one of those.

This "S.S.S." holds an even better challenge for me this time... I've just had baby number five. (Things are looking a little more like "S.O.S." around here). Each of my other children have been born in the dead of winter when everyone is bundled up in lots of layers and we all look like we have marshmallowy figures. I'm not sure that a swim suit is as forgiving as that closet full of sweaters or a nice bulky coat. Sigh!

Oh well. I LOVE the pool and our whole family LOVES to swim... so sweaters or swim suit (and swearing...oops. No swearing)... I'll be going for the sun and the fun. I hope you all have pleasant thoughts when it comes to S.S.S. and as little distress as possible. (A happy thought is all those "modest swim suit" lines that have come out! Hooray for cute and stylish AND modest!)

2 comments:

mom C said...

I like the idea of those old fashioned swim suits that looked like funny dresses with bloomers and hats that matched....isn't it time for those to come back into style...come on....every ten years or so things come around again...it's time, it's time...I's like one in polka dots! Ha ha ha ha ..love mom

Sherri said...

I went swimsuit shopping...and it was rather depressing! So I decided to squeeze into my old suit..even though I am quite a bit larger! I think extra weight is a good thing...because I am just loving life at the pool...and not worried about a thing! I should have lived it up all those years that I was thin and didn't know it! :)