For some reason, this summer, walking out our front door is the equivalent of heading to camp as far as mosquitoes go. I have to wear a bee suit or dunk myself in a vat of deep wood Off just to pull a few weeds. I am paranoid to leave my small fry out when dusk hits for fear of them being carried off by ravenous swarms of these blood thirsty winged vampires.
We went for a walk yesterday (in shorts and capris). I thought I had twisted my ankle when woke up this morning... it was hard to move and really swollen. Nope, just one skeeter bite. We look like we have ca-ankles now. Brett teases the kids and I about using the "after bite itch spray" stuff all the time. All I can say is: "Ahhhh" after I put it on. (The kids say it too now and I laugh every time).
After seeing Connor's reaction to a skeeter bite on his face (about three posts ago) I thought maybe he was allergic. Now I just think that the nasty critters have developed a mutated venom from all the bug spray they encounter. Love summer! Hate skeeters!
3 comments:
Sorry about the skeeters! I haven't seen any here in San Diego. I love you! See you all on Saturday.
I had to laugh at this one. I once saw a "You Know You're From Wisconsin If..." list and one of the items was "...you've seen mosquitoes with landing lights." Yeah, they're pretty big and that buzzing noise drives me batty.
We don't have skeeters here either!
but...we have lots of other bugs...that bite!
Post a Comment