"No." I said. "I think we'll still let Daddy have it."
"OK, Mom, it was me... but since I already touched it... do you want me to eat it?"
"No Ben. It's for Daddy.
"But I touched it and my germs are all over it. I think I have to eat what I touched."
This is where it all began to make sense for me. Only touch what you are going to eat... or take the once you already touched... are not uncommon to hear at our dinner table as the kids are dishing themselves up. Little smarty pants!
TODAY: I was in the grocery store with all four munchkins in tow and was trying to expedite the process. Ben picked up a bottle of caramel ice cream topping and begged. I said we didn't need it and as he dropped it, I asked him to put it back carefully and was explaining the "You break it you buy it" thing. He proceeded to grab the bottle back off the shelf and throw it against the ground. (Thankfully it was plastic and just bounced without breaking).
I was baffled! This was not like Ben, even in tantrum mode. Madi had to clarify it for me. She laughed and said: "He wants you to buy it Mom." All I could do was laugh. This little boy and his thought process is keeping me on my toes.
2 comments:
That is pretty hilarious! He is smart! haha. I love it.
This is seriously awesome!
Post a Comment