Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hungry hungry kiddos

Snack time is an essential part of any child's existence. However snack time also seems to thwart any chance I have in getting my children to eat a sensible lunch on school days.
(My kindergartner has to eat an early lunch in order to make it to school on time. So I might as well feed all my little hunger monsters at the same time). The only hang up is that their tummies seem to be totally empty and ravenous about ten to twenty minutes before I begin lunch. I try to ensure them that if they wait just a few more minutes that we'll have lunch. At this point I am sure to get one of two faces: 1. The big puppy dog eyes with the "I'm starving" look. 2. The mischievous, "I'll just wait until she is upstairs for a minute."

I did install a sliding lock on the pantry door a year or so ago... unfortunately it is only a small deterrent. I regularly hear a chair being scooted across the floor and little feet climbing to slide the lock. More often than not I find the door left open and the floor scattered with crumbs, an empty cracker box and other incriminating evidence. Is it any wonder that when we all sit down to eat our well balanced lunch that I hear, "I'm not very hungry,"?

Maybe I'd better go with a combination lock... hmmm maybe a voice recognition, fingerprint scanner.

4 comments:

Brigette said...

Boy, do I hear ya!!!

Hey, I was thinking the other day--does your mom still sell those little kits for kids? I remember years ago in Moscow that she gave a presentation on kids activities and ever since then I've been thinking about that. Any information would be helpful:
bdgardens@gmail.com

Danae said...

Or maybe one of those retina scanners. If you find one, let me know. I have a few things that could be locked up as well. :)

Melly said...

I hear ya sister and I am hear to say that DOES NOT change no matter how old they get! They can just keep eating more and more.

Melanie said...

Good luck finding a solution! Hey, we are coming to Elko on Tuesday @ 11 for a funeral. We would like to make a short stop at your home afterward if you will be home. Let us know.