Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

You do the math


Happy kids with smiling faces

+

Loving and indulging parents

+

"Free puppies" sign at the grocery store

=

This is Tobi. She is a lab and miniature Australian shepherd mix. It's one of those stories: We went to the store for pumpkins and came home with a puppy. Both start with a "P" and make a mess... except one you can't throw out after Halloween. Hee Hee


Getting a dog has been one of those things on the back burner for a while. We all love dogs (Mom and Dad love OUTSIDE dogs)! Nights have been long with a whining, lonely puppy but it's already getting better. The days have been a little more crazy trying to potty training ANOTHER "baby." I did say she is an outside dog... but we are trying to get her to do her duty in ONE spot so I don't have to keep washing children's shoes or find surprises in my gardens.


We are all having a ball with Tobi. I am doing a lot of training... well, trying to. Our lives once again takes on another dimension.

7 comments:

Lindsay Conover said...

Oh- Annie- the puppy stage...it is a good thing they are cute right? I always said I could have done about 10 more kids to my one puppy- he was HARD, but so worth it! I love watching my boys love on their dog- they trully LOVE him. There are nights when I wake up to find them sleeping right on top of him- and he just lays there and takes it- they are so good to have around, and around kids! Get through the next couple months and you will love having a dog... I promise it will get better! Love you Annie....

Marley Family said...

How fun! Good luck with your new puppy!

Jessica Newman said...

You are brave! Let us know how it goes. We have been talking about getting a dog for the kids after we move in December :)

sportyrls said...

Fun! And hey- the price was right. Keep us posted on life with a new puppy : ).

Roxanne said...

Go Annie Go! We found Cody asleep this morning next to Annabelle. Kids really do love dogs. They are just soooo much work. You are very brave.

mom C said...

Now that I have met Tobi in person I think you on your way to lots of fun with this puppy that will only be a puppy for a minute. Then you will have a new family member for life. Yep, I've seen it before...especially with Shon and Jared. lov mom

The Skoobs said...

Tobi is really cute! Dan and I had a dog growing up and it was so fun!!! But, no dogs for us in the future. I don't think I could handle another animal in the house ahahahahah!!!