Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Loving the holiday break!

Having Madi home from school and Brett home for the few days he got off work was so heavenly! I loved all the extra family fun stuff we got to do!
Madi is reading a story to Brooke. (I sat around the corner and just listened). It was so neat because Brooke really enjoyed being read too as usual, but Madi was reading for fun too. A lot of the time I have to make her sit down and read and she fights it, wanting me to read to her. It is really amazing the things that are changing as my children get older and I am learning to sit back and let them do things for them selves. For example, It is really hard for me to let Madi do her own hair. (Melanie, she's a lot better at doing her own hair than I was thank goodness! ha ha ha).
Dad's night to cook! Hooray! Brett makes dinner on Sunday evenings and it is so nice to just sit back and WATCH.

Ben was Daddy's little helper.

Brett taught the kids how to make tiny smores over a candle. Nice honey! Now every time I burn a candle they are going to be looking for the mallows.


We had a family snow man making session. Ben would rather eat his carrot than donate it to his snow man's nose.

So now I have our FAMILY of snowmen on my front lawn. I love snowmen, but it was a workout making six of them! I don't really look as round as my snowman makes me look.




Grasshoppers and hot cocoa! Yummmmmmm...This is one of our fun family traditions! It is one of those treats that our cousins, Brandon and Michelle taught us. It isn't something you'll want to do in front of company, but pay attention, and kids... Do try this at home!
Nibble off two ends of the cookie and suck the hot cocoa through it... then quickly put the cookie in your mouth. (It melts from the inside out). NOTE: Real "keebler grasshoppers" work the best AND it is kind of nasty if you use flavored hot cocoa... the regular cocoa is better.
So try it and let me know.


By the way... this is one of those awful pictures I post only to show you that occasionally I'm not the one holding the camera. In my defence, I am still getting over pinkeye and can't wear makeup. Waahhh!







3 comments:

Emily said...

I remember doing that at school..the grasshoppers and cocoa! YUMM! I forgot about it! Have to try it again! Looks like you guys have had fun! Oh and your Christmas card was so cute!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I'm so jealous you have snow. All we've had is rain, rain, rain. Alyssa is learning to read too, which is crazy, but fun to listen to as she reads to everyone.

mom C said...

Hi my Annie I loved catching up on all the pictures and comments I have missed since Halloween...loved it all..you are so funny...it's as much fun reading your comments as it is seeing the pictures..