Thanks for all your sympathy with the waterfall in the basement! Just so you know, my wonderful, amazing, marvolous husband fixed it by ten the next morning. I had taken the kids and gone to play volleyball at the church (more for the flushing toilets than the volleyball). When I came home he had it all done. (This is where you hear the angels singing). I really enjoyed having water agian. So after all that whining... I only had to be without running water for about twelve hours. The kids thought it was fun (that is only because they weren't the ones who had to take a FREEZING COLD bath) but we learned some really good things... like how to use the water four times before throwing it out. And our Family Home Evening, on preparedness and water storage, was a lot more meaningful to them after their "pioneer" water adventure.

Brooke's all duded up as a cowgirl (Naugahyde boots and all!). Elko may not have a ton to offer... but we do get to dress up as cowboys every year for the National Cowboy Poetry Contest Week. Yeeee-Haaaa! My favorite billboard in town is an ad for the contest and asks "How many words do you know that rhymes with varmint?"

Madi has been so excited because she just started "cooking lessons."
I'm trading with my friend: I teach her son piano and she teaches my daughter to cook. (Just to defend my motherhood honor... I do cook with my children. We just thought this would be a fun thing for Madi). I sat in on her first lesson... I think I may need to take notes! I thought I could hold my own in the kitchen... well I'm re-thinking that now.

Connor is convinced that crawling is still faster... but he is walking a little more each day. Oh, and did I mention that he likes to climb... the kitchen table is his favorite perch now. He can climb up in about two point two seconds. Ahhhhhh! I turned around for moment to clean up dinner and when I turned around he was up there stuffing his face with as much spaghetti as his little fists could hold. Apparently he hadn't had enough.

Madi has had a good week! She just won third place (In her level and school) for a painting she entered in the Nevada PTA Reflections contest. She is proudly displaying her prize... her own "credit card". (Its a gift card) Sorry, no pict of the painting... I think they send it on to the next judging.

My handsome little men! I love the clearance winter stuff!!! These sweaters were my "find" during our last Twin Falls shopping trip. I never really appreciated all the variety of stores until I moved here. Now I seriously have the "shopping shakes" any time I am in Salt Lake or Twin.
5 comments:
I still get the shopping shakes! Believe it or not, Elko offered so much more than Rexburg. I miss a super Walmart!
Glad Brett was able to get your water problem fixed. Yeah for your "handy man"! And, I know how you feel about the lack of shopping in Elko. I do miss the thrift store there---it was great when we lived there!
I thought I had your email address, but evidently I don't! Do you have mine? I have the piano pages I can email I just don't have an address.
I love that you are "trading" your talents! I need to find a talent so that someone will trade with me :)
Love all the pictures of the kids. Great idea to trade with the kids.... those muffins look awesome! You are a great mom!
Post a Comment