Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Things are BUSY!

This time of year is always busy... especially at our house. (All of our children were winter babies) So we start in November for Ben, Madi and Brooke have birthdays in December, and Connor is the day before our anniversary... in January. What ever do we do for excitement the rest of the year right?!? So here is Brooke with her blackberry and whipped cream cake... She picked that! The morning of her birthday, she grabbed her backpack and was convinced, now that she was five, she got to go to kindergarten when we took Madi to school. That took a little explaining.

This was our first REAL snow fall of the season. We got five or six inches and the kids were in heaven. They were launching themselves off the slide on the deck.


This is the project I did instead of cleaning... It was a joint birthday present for the girls. They call it their reading tent or something like that. As soon as it was hung up they immediately grabbed books and settled down. It has been really FUN. (For Christmas I am making two pink beanbags for their reading corner).


These last two weeks have been... well kind of like... "AHhhhhhh!" I got really sick after we got back from Thanksgiving and then the kids caught it too. As soon as we were better an attack of pinkeye quarantined us again. We are almost over that plague, thank goodness... But a long story short... I was trying to do some fun homeschooling with Madi (she was home most of this week because of the pinkeye). This was our baking soda volcano science project. The kids loved it and making the volcano kept them busy most of the morning.



8 comments:

Sherri said...

I love birthday! You are one busy mom..I don't know how you can jam pack that many BIG events into such a short time! But you do it well!
May and June will be busy again when you have half birthdays!

Melly said...

Once again I must say you are an amazing mom! I don't know how you do it all and stay sane. Hey slow down a little your making us normal folks look bad. :)

Emily said...

You are awesome! I just hope that your house is a wreck, or you are bad at cooking dinner every night, or you never get ready...just say one of those are true bc I don't know how you juggle it all! How fun to be your kid! I know how it is when sickness spreads through the fam! That is winter at our house, too!

Annie and Family said...

You are all nuts if you think I'm not normal. Hello, didn't you read the last post about my whole house being a pig sty and me going crazy!!! Ha ha... and Emily, (bad at cooking dinner? YUP! I love to have cold ceral or pancakes or something really easy at least once a week...

Trulee said...

Annie -

I know this isn't exactly the place, but I was reading your favorite books list, and thought I'd tell you about one that I got from the library that McKay just LOVED. It was called "Animals Should Definately not Wear Clothing" and it was hilarious.

Ang said...

What a cute little girly room! And that Brookie has great taste in cake!! Have a fun December. Miss you!

Sherri said...

Could you send me your parents address? I lost my address book?
thanks!

Kevin and Heather said...

Annie,
I found your blog on Sherri's blog, it is great to catch up with your family, I love blogging! Check out our blog at kevinandheatherconoverfamily.blogspot.