Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas gifts or cleaning?

Do you ever have a hard time fitting everything in? Well, even if you don't... I DO! In a regular month I find it challenging to teach my children preschool, help THEM do THEIR chores, clean the house, laundry that never ever ever ever ends, read to them, make a meal or three, do my church calling, maybe fit in a little project here or there... (and what the heck is "me time"?)

So now that the holidays are here the real fun begins. I love to do homemade gifts... and it is really fun now that my kids are older, to teach them how to make gift for their friends and each other. Unfortunately, I don't have a maid or an Alice from the Brady Bunch to help with all the regular stuff. So each day its a, "Hmmm... do I do fun gift making or clean and clean and clean." Tough choice right? Well, the cleaning never stays done anyway, so what the heck.

Hope you are all having a fun filled holiday season!!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I STRUGGLE with fitting everything in! Cleaning, playing, learning, eating...it is all a scheduling issue at our house! :) I love your family picture! What an adorable, happy and fun family! :) Love ya Annie!

Ang said...

I'm with ya babe.....cleaning is always there, and the laundry is NEVER done so HAVE FUN!!!!

Melly said...

Amen, and Amen Sista!!!!

Marley Family said...

Fun first! Then clean! Maybe:)

Candria said...

Great post! Dito!

Sherri said...

100% with you!
That is funny that you mentioned Alice from Brady Bunch. Just yesterday Chelsea, my 6year old, said "mom we really need to get a maid...like Alice"
I always go for fun first! Work always patiently waits for me!

Danae said...

I think laundry, dishes and clutter somehow manage to reproduce on their own.
I think you need to send some of your ideas my way. I love your pirate outfits down below made from brown paper bags!
It's great to hear from you!

Brigette said...

Cleaning should always be secondary to good family mess-making fun. :)