My boys are boys. Which means, at times they try to work out their differences but punching each another. It is not my favorite thing to see and I'd like to raise kind, understanding, good children. So this afternoon, when the boys started socking each other in the shoulder because someone took the last of the ranch they were sharing... I calmly encouraged each boy to be the first to act like Jesus. (Meaning, be the first to stop hitting).
A few more punches were exchanged before one boy scooted too far away for the reciprocating punch to be easily returned. At which point he said, "I was the first to act like Jesus!" At which the other retorted, "No! I was the first to act like Jesus!"
"No. I was!
"Nuh uh! I was!"
This is when I mentally sigh. Not exactly how I meant for things to turn out!
2 comments:
I just love you!
Hahahaha! That's about as good as Elizabeth wanting to tell the bishop a lie about her age so she could get baptized with her older sister. We try, as parents..... :)
Post a Comment